Welcome! You've made the best decision for your business.
But right now, you may be thinking... "Did I make the right decision hiring a designer?"
The answer? Yes.
Good design will convert more website visitors into subscribers and customers.
Good design will help you bring in more inquiries.
Good design will take you from where you are to where you dream of being!
Don't just take my word for it. Here's a reminder of the results I've achieved for my clients:
What's included on this page?
- Project management: Instructions on how we'll use Dubsado (aka "The Client Portal") to organize your project.
- Your checklist: A checklist of things I need you to complete before your project starts.
- The process: My step by step process so you know what to expect at every stage of this project.
- Feedback guidelines: Tips to help you provide me with really helpful feedback on design mockups.
- Timeline guidelines
When you're booked in my schedule, we'll still use email to correspond, but you will also have access to my handy Client Portal where you can view all of our emails, documents, your contract and invoice and any other information related to your project. (I will set you up with a password to access your client portal.)
Whereas files often get lost when I'm managing projects through email, nothing gets lost or forgotten in the Client Portal. It's the simplest way to keep your project organized and make sure it goes as smoothly as possible!
Don't worry - it's not hard to use. Click the button below to watch a 2-minute tutorial on how to use it!
Here's what I need from you before your project begins...
I have my clients set up their own Pinterest Board and share it with me, so as to better reflect their style and colors they’d like incorporated in their brand. Please set up a new Pinterest Board under your account. Fill it with all of the things that would inspire you for your new brand. Colors, Textures (metal, wood, fabric, patterns), Objects, Architecture, or other Logos that you like for inspiration - pretty much anything that you love and get excited about and are inspired by for your brand. This helps me to see what you are looking for in terms of style.
Once you are done, click on your board. At the top of the screen you should see 3 gray dots. Click on that and choose “send board.” Type in my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send the board to me. This will help me get an idea of your style and what you are looking for in your branding materials.
2. Fill out your Design Questionnaire. Your questionnaire helps me understand your goals and needs, and enables me to create something you'll love!
3. Upload your website content (if applicable) to Dropbox. I need you to upload your website copy & photography to Dropbox at least 1 week before your project starts. I will share the Dropbox folder with you, so you can drag and drop your files into the folder.
I really appreciate simple and straightforward feedback. It helps me clearly understand your thoughts and make the right changes to your designs.
Here are a few tips on providing awesome feedback:
- Please compile all of your feedback (from you and other employees) at one time
- Enter your feedback into the response area on the online form that I send you with your proof
To help keep your project on track to finishing on time, please provide feedback on your designs within two business days of receiving them.
I really appreciate your effort to provide files and feedback on time! Timeliness from both of us will help us get your project done on (or even before!) the deadline so you can move on to the next exciting task on your to-do list and I can cheer you on.
What happens now?
After you've completed everything on your checklist, we're all set to begin your project! I'll email you before your start date to check in and you can ask any last-minute questions you may have.
I look forward to starting your project!